February 17, 2010

It is almost March - How goes it?

Children in school bus


What keeps you running?

What makes you tick?

I know that in order for me to tick well, I need sun.

With all of these winter storms bombarding us, there have been very little instances of sun. We have all managed to survive on humor and good fun.

I must admit, my health habits have made a huge difference in maintaining my energy and overall stamina. This is crucial when your teen-aged son and friends have basketball games twice weekly and you are the "bus" driver.

(Not really the bus driver, but transporting so many of the players you begin to FEEL like the bus driver).

I have made calcium with vitamin D part of my routine. If I miss any other supplements, I make sure that I have my calcium. I learned from my secretary at work that Calcium is essential for mood enhancement. She pointed out to me that after a month of calcium I was much nicer and rarely ever raised my voice!

Yep, calcium ladies, A MUST!

This week in particular, I have been going crazy with protein smoothies. Me and my Magic Bullet {I KNOW what MagicBullet sounds like, ladies FOCUS!} have incorporated quick and easy mixtures that are both healthy and yummy.

Half cup orange juice, 1/3 cup aloe vera juice, 1/3 cup coconut milk 1 cup frozen fruit of choice, 1 dash blackstrap molasses, Spirulina, ACAI powder and we maintain until lunch!

What? It is true. A drink that is filling, vegan, protein filled and delicious.

What are some of the changes you have implemented this new year as we all battle to stay true to our resolutions, our promises, our intentions or "life changes"?


StumbleUpon.com

No comments: