December 30, 2009

Starting afresh, starting anew!



My Dad is coming to pick up our antique Black Santa today. He will be stored away until next year. He is at least 30 years old. He no longer rings his bell, rolls around and shakes. Nor does he wiggle and go "HO,HO, HO - MERRY CHRISTMAS" but he still gives Dad such a giggle remembering what used to be, so we indulge and bring him out.

Dad doesn't trust me to properly preserve him, so, he is coming to get him and take him home where he will be safe. It always feels good that no matter how old you get, where you've been or what you've done, you can still be Daddy's girl and where you grew up is still home.

SO, what does a vegan do for Christmas? Well, she cooks Christmas dinner for 30 people or so. What did I eat? ALL THE CARBS. Stuffed shells, mashed potatatoes (as 13 year old kiddo still calls them, dressing (picking out the creole sausage), yams, vegan mac and cheese (no one knew the difference)and tons of other chocolate goodies, Garrett's popcorn and cake. UGH! It was GOOD going down, but now what is a vegan to do???

I feel like "Lard Butt", and I have been reduced to working out at home because of our lovely inclement weather. SO, I decided to do a smoothie fast. I LOVE my smoothies and with my WAY-COOL Magic Bullet that I use EVERY day grinding coffee, I made a yummy drink that will both cleanse and provide nourishment.

It consists of 1/2 glass orange juice, 1/3 glass Aloe Vera Juice, 1 tablespoon Blackstrap molasses, a serving of Spirulina, and 1/3 cup of frozen mango.

For the rest of the day, I will drink teas and juices, and after work out, a Gatorade. Let's hope this eliminates the LARD BUTT feeling!

I have faith, let's see! What have you guys done to bite back at the holiday bulge??

No comments: