August 18, 2009

I don't know, I just blog here!

I was tweeting away {uhem, as usual} and was enlightened by a tweet from a fellow Illinoisian and tweeter and blogger and Blogher about her recent NPR interview.

Mocha Momma!!

NOW, this is a big thing.

You may recall my rant about leaving the Tom Joyner Show after 35 years and how I settled on NPR.

WELL, what I have not shared, and I may be a tad ashamed, is that I receive most of my news from Twitter now! I wake up tweeting and have even abandoned NPR!

For shame!

Anyhow, the interview poses quite a bit about the latest discussions regarding blogging, mommybloggers, advertisings, reviews and such.

ALL represented the issues well ~ and well Mocha Momma was great!

What is your take? How do you feel reading a blog that has sponsorship? Do you feel it affects the writer's integrity?

Listen for yourself:

2 comments:

Tom Brennan said...

House:


In 1970, Simon and Garfunkel released a song titled "The Only Living Boy in New York".

One of the refrains in the song was, "I get all the news I need on the weather report":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBEomCtCujw

For a lot of folks today, it looks like the song would have to be updated to say " I get all the news I need on Tweet"

Unknown said...

Right! HA!

{GREAT song by the way}