June 14, 2014

CONE CHICAGO!

The Summer Holidays are coming at us with lightening speed and it is not even really warm yet!

Chicago is having uncharacteristically cool, rainy weather BUT do not let that keep you from spoiling yourself with Summer Fun!

I received an invitation to try a new ice-cream shop in my neighborhood, which is unusually devoid of ice-cream shops save for the Dunkin-Donut fare on every other corner. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE DD and most of the ones in my neck of the woods, only sell the Coolatta, but having a true-blue 'ICECREAM' store is such a nice addition, so I was excited to take a peak!

I was NOT disappointed! I am in a neighborhood that is very ethnic and our frozen treats are either Italian ice, or paletas

But now we have CONE 1047 W. Madison 312-666-5111! 

I am an old enough Chicagoan to remember when there were only three major ethnic groups running this great town: Irish, Irish and Irish. Our mayor was Irish, my church was, and still is St. Pat's, this town still shuts down on St. Patrick's Day ~ so Cone should feel right at home!

The Irish touches, ice-cream, sodas, candies are very delightful treats, and the walk-up window and outdoor garden is just the right touch to take a break from the Madhouse on Madison congestion.

Be sure to take Dad this weekend for a scoop of Jameson! I know I AM!

©houseonahillorg

©houseonahillorg

©houseonahillorg
©houseonahillorg

©houseonahillorg

©houseonahillorg

©houseonahillorg

No comments: