October 7, 2012

Green Pancakes & No Ham


Today's healthy breakfast

I am definitely on a roll.

It is much chillier, and protein shakes are simply no longer doing it for me.

No way can I stomach an icy mixture and then run to work when it is about 50 degrees.

It is so easy to get caught up in eating traditionally: eggs, bacon, toast...

But once you begin to think outside the box, open your mind to trying new things breakfast can take on new meaning!

Today I got the courage to incorporate all of my health needs into my pancake batter!

I take a tablespoon of Karyn's greens everyday, so in went the green protein into the mixing bowl with 2 cups of flour! I also added my Spirulina along with a tablespoon of Aguave nectar, a teaspoon of coconut milk, a splash of almond milk, 1 cup of vegetable oil, and a half cup of blueberries.

Once the pancakes came hot off the griddle, I topped them with a non-dairy butter and Agave syrup, YUM!

Yes, my pancakes were green but deliciously healthy!!! What is the craziest thing you've done to maintain your health?

No comments: