September 3, 2011

Fit To Be Tied

Last Saturday we were planning to be a part of the Guinness World Book Record!

Now, I LOVE my son. I am ALWAYS looking for fun opportunities to spend time with him and either make a difference or, uhem, set a record!!

My Brands & Bloggers co-conspirator, and colleague, Melisa Wells of The Suburban Scrawl told us about her son's event with The Tie Bar . The attempt to record having 250, or more, people simultaneously tying ties in Wrigley Square, Millennium Park in historic and beautiful Grant Park here in Chicago!

WHAT A HOOT!

Yep, it was uber sunny and about 95 degrees, but so many wonderful people teaching one another how to properly tie a bow tie was fun and HILARIOUS. Thankfully there were enough old-timers on hand to both coach and give a laugh, SO thanks Melisa and son ... my son and I ... and two of his friends had a blast. We all learned to tie bow ties and hopefully set a record!!!










                        who wears a wool hat in August? My son, but at least he is now a GREAT BOW TIE-er!

2 comments:

HomemadeMother said...

Haha this is great! Things like this remind me why its so great to live in a big city :)

Unknown said...

@HomemadeMother, yep!