January 11, 2011

What Looks Like Crazy

                                                                photo link and credit Amazon.com


I've joined a Book Club. I speak about her so much on this blog, I'm beginning to feel like we really are a part of each other! Rae Lewis-Thornton is an avid reader. I used to be too before the children, the husband, the divorce, the flood, the LIFE!

I read so much my eyes hurt often. It didn't help that I was damn near blind. BUT, one lasik surgery later, and now that I have found perfect peace, I am so happy to re-engage with the written word and the intimate relationship we used to share.

Currently our book is "What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day" by Pearl Cleage. It is a tale that is a must read for many reasons.

I have been invited to participate in many a book club, but I am learning, it is also a spiritual journey. You can't just go the road with anyone, for any reason. Reading is bringing something into your realm of consciousness and while I try to take most things light, well, reading books with folks is a special thing and you have to be in a safe space to cover what you have learned.

I plan to keep you posted!!! What books have you read recently? Do you belong to a book club? Is it nurturing? What sort of environment works well for you??

Let me know!

No comments: