February 10, 2010

LOVE is in the air xoxox

boy (10-11) and girl (10-11) whispering to their father on the beach



Of course I LOVE my family! EVEN WHEN IT ISN'T VALENTINES DAY!

ALSO, I love ME TOO ~


There is a new campaign out there called "Madly In Love With Me" that is designed to re-awaken the need to love ourselves. It is by Christine Arylo, who is a proponent for women taking care of themselves so that they can have the energy and esteem to effectively care for their families and other loved ones.

I signed up to participate in the February 13th LOVE FEST, and you can too! There are several events throughout the country!

It is so very important to fuel our gas tanks so that we can handle our journeys!!

In her book Choosing ME before WE, Christine shares,

“One of the reasons I wrote Choosing ME before WE and started the Madly in Love with ME movement, is to give women a place to connect with other women and learn from each other. We all face the same struggles and challenges, the details just look different. But when we reach out for inspiration, support and wisdom we have the power to change our lives. It is said that it will be women that change this world. But if we don’t take care of ourselves, we can’t change anything.”

It is something we as moms and dads are beholden to daily in the crevices of our little, tiny, me-tanks, but very rarely do we focus on because we simply do not have the time!

My mantra every single day is "FOR THE LOVE OF MY KIDDO" and now I must include, "FOR THE LOVE OF MY KIDDO AND ME!"

I also subscribe to filling up every one I meet, so clearly I need to learn many of the offered tips on how to keep some lovin' in reserve JUST FOR ME!

How do you stay fresh and alert so that you can be there for your loved ones? Is this an area you need to work on?

Often our works are not outwardly appreciated and we must raise and nurture our families without fanfare, I see it as my job to be there doing my best - what are some of your takes on what we do to raise our families right??

Your comments will automatically enter you for a MADLY IN LOVE WITH ME GIVEAWAY! (U.S. residents only, sorry!)

Last day to comment is February 26th at midnight! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

No comments: