November 23, 2007

Friends On Friday Presents ~ Patty Matlock ~ SHOPPING FOR SHAKLEE!!!



Today begins the rush rush of the holiday shopping season! Why not make it a "Healthier, Happier, You!!!!" quest and SHOP FOR SHAKLEE!Let our friend Patty Matlock tell you why!!

Once you made the decision to make a change, what steps did you take in your heart and soul. How did you get the courage, and what did people say to you along the way?
This is a tough question, the decision and change was not overnight. The more I used Shaklee products, the more I learned about the company, the more I became interested. Shaklee was not just “using products”. The education was invaluable. I had no idea there was a difference in vitamins. Some are synthetic, made with artificial ingredients. I like to use the analogy that they are like eating a plastic lemon. Shaklee Supplements are like eating a whole organic lemon.

I then started to learn about the household cleaners we use in our homes and offices. They cause cancer; they contain eye and lung irritants. They have ingredients that are neurotoxins that affect the brain and lots more. I had no idea. I did know that when I cleaned my shower and bathroom, even with the window opened and the fan on I would have to take a nap within a ½ hour. I thought I was lazy. Now I realize it was the toxic chemicals. Now I use only Shaklee Get Clean products. I can clean for hours before I want take nap. They have a full line of non toxic biodegradable household cleaners. I LOVE them!
The education continued onto the personal care and beauty products. I had no idea the amount of harmful chemicals in our body lotions, shampoo, makeup and more. I learned our skin is our biggest organ and everything that comes in contact with our skin gets absorbed in seconds. I knew I did not want to continue putting harmful chemicals on my skin. The education continued onto indoor air and water. I purify my air and drink pure water. So the concept of redirecting my spending to safer, healthier products from my own business and educating other people on how to create a healthier life for themselves and their families. Founded in 1956, Shaklee is the first company in the world to obtain Climate Neutral certification and totally offset its C02 emissions, resulting in a net zero impact on the environment. With so much concern with Global warming and harmful chemicals in everyday products today, Shaklee is the type of company I want to spend my money with and tell everyone I know about them! A side effect of this is I also get paid and have created a great lifestyle for myself and family.

It was a little scary at first. Some people were excited and supportive right form the start, some were not. Some people had misconceptions of how a company like Shaklee does business. We are so trained that we have to get up every day and go to work for someone else and we only get paid for every hour we work. People with a smart business savvy totally get it and get excited about the opportunity. Robert Kiyosaki said “Every smart business person should have residual income in their portfolio”. With my Shaklee career comes lots of personal growth and education. I learned not to let other people discourage me or steal my dreams. I am not responsible for what people think or the decisions they make. My job is to tell everyone I know about what Shaklee has to offer. If they are interested, that’s how my business grows.

You are a great business woman, how do you hold it all together?
I have lots of support with Shaklee corporate and my Shaklee team. I have several great mentors who have been in Shaklee for 30+ years. I get to work with these people daily. I also have a great husband Tim who has supported me through my career change. He too loves the Shaklee products and what the company stands for. I have learned to think about the good things in every situation, focus on the good things and what I am grateful for instead of all negative things and what I don’t want. That is easier said then done but when I fall into what we call the “puky wagon”, my colleagues remind me to turn lemons into lemonade.

What is your favorite aspect of the Shaklee business? How has your passion changed your life?
I love the products! I love the company's quality and integrity. I love educating and helping other people have a happier and healthier life. The Shaklee lifestyle is pretty nice too.
My life has changed since finding Shaklee. I am happier & healthier. From my personal growth with Shaklee and my past experiences, I have come to realize, life comes first, and work comes second. Life is too short to do the same thing everyday for someone else that makes you miserable.

You reside on the east coast. What do you love about it?
Well since I was born and raised in NJ, I do not have much experience living elsewhere. I have always lived by the Jersey Shore. I love the beach, fine food and wine. I like lots of green trees and forests and fun things to do. NJ has it all. My 3 brothers live close by which is nice. My Mom and 1 sister live on the west coast of Florida and 1 sister in Texas. Since I love to travel and the beach, Florida works well for me. I visit a lot.

Shaklee is going to NEW ORLEANS next year! Everyone here on "Healthier, Happier, You!!!!"
knows that New Orleans is the love of my life, tell us about the upcoming conference, some incentives, and how we can come too if we want!

The Shaklee 2008 Global Conference will be held August 6-10, 2008, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. As always, this event will bring together thousands of Shaklee family members in one place. You will learn about new Shaklee products; network with others building Shaklee businesses; be inspired by world-class keynote speakers; and of course you'll enjoy all the festivities a Shaklee conference offers. You won't want to miss a minute of this event! Shaklee wants us to help them celebrate the re-birth of one of America's greatest treasures in a way that only Shaklee can!


If you would like more information on Shaklee you may contact Patty directly! pmatlock@shakleeoffice.com 732-790-7408

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THANKS PATTY! For everything!!!!

Patty's Links

Patty LinkedIN

No comments: