June 23, 2015

We Are Humans - ALL OF US.

So, Uhhhh, both of my sons posted this on Facebook ... They are never on Facebook ... it made me cry inside and be a little sad. 

Some days I go the entire day without thinking about this stuff ... only a day or two will go by though, before I worry for them, or about them, or wonder if they made perfectly, sound, rational, important, firm decisions that day because it could mean their lives ...

I can go hours, days ... If it weren't for them, and I lived in a bubble, or was not madly in love with, or bestie with ... or daughter of Black Men ... hell, I could probably find it hard to care about this subject matter, if I was self-absorbed. I AM NOT A BLACK MAN IN AMERICA. 

I am a Woman Of Color. I have an entirely different set of issues, BUT - I can make a judgement call, or have a brief lapse of judgement and it not mean my life ...

BLACK MEN HAVE TO ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS BE ON!!!!! NO mistakes, NO miscues, AWARE 24/7 ... like prey in a jungle of people on the hunt ... Think about just how human that is ...

No comments: