January 7, 2013

30 minutes for 30 days?

Have you all met Anupy Singla Gupta?

She is Indian As Apple Pie!

I met her via my work with MJ Tam, SocialRevUp.com Chicagonista & The Chicago Moms. She was immediately warm and fuzzy ... yes, I tend to latch myself onto warm AND fuzzy.

So we became fast cyber pals. Her views on healthy eating... her books The Indian Slow Cooker and Vegan Indian Cooking are good reads! I keep the Slow Cooker on my iPad for easy referencing... and someone in my family actually lifted my Vegan Indian Cooking!! (Step forward and return it, please)

She and her husband Sandeep, are also spearheading and overhauling in the spice-world with my next purchase (once I recover from holiday spending) The Spice Tin!

So, I don't typically write about every one I meet... but this blog is, after all, Healthier, Happier You!!! I am still on the journey... SO when Anupy invited me to her Facebook Group of Fit As Apple Pie, I was hesitant, but I joined! BOY AM I GLAD.

Being a single mom, my resources are limited, as is my time. I was a tad intimidated to commit. I know, it's a Facebook Group, but hey, I take these things very seriously! AND I am excited to share that we are on day 6 of a 30 day challenge to exercise for no less than 30 minutes a day.

This has been a lifesaver.

I have done structured lifestyle changes before, but not while in this stage of life.  (ah 45!) WHY AM I SO EXCITED? Because I am SEEING results!

It is only day 6. I switch up my routines because I bore easily. And that is the awesome thing about this challenge... there are no restrictions other than 30 minutes. Yep. That's it, that's all!

I had no idea how productive 30 minutes could be. I was doing 30 on my own since forever, everyday, for years, but I think the excitement of this has created results. I eat right. I drink plenty of water, but I was never enthused. So adding enthusiasm must be a good thing, my good people. If you have a weight or fitness challenge, consider adding a little enthusiasm, or join us! I am sometimes doing 50 minutes a day because I am so super-charged.

My fitness goal is to lose 10 pounds, lose my kangaroo pocket - or muffin-top, as some people refer to it, and add muscle. I am so excited that my clothes are fitting right, and I am feeling great!

What are you all doing this year that is exciting? Challenging? Both?

2 comments:

MafiaHairdresser.com said...

Great Goals! I also met Anupy Singla via Social Revup and Chicagonista.
I bought her book, Vegan Indian Cooking and have used several of her recipes. LOVE! I also ordered a few of her spices through her website.
I'll be doing a blog about her book, soon, just after I make a few more dishes!

Unknown said...

Be sure to share your post ...uh and invite me over to taste-test your renditions ;-)