July 17, 2012

When Life Throws You Lemons...

Look very closely, to see the rainbow! Much like life, we have to pay close attention to savor the good stuff


How do you deal with disappointment, and what lessons do you have to share from those experiences?


Disappointment is the spice of life.


I have never openly embraced being disappointed, but I know, once I've experienced it, I am always faced with an opportunity to either go with the flow or be mortally paralyzed. I have often chosen being mortally paralyzed, believe it or not, but each time, so far, I quickly come around to the realization that being paralyzed is stagnating. Disappointment is akin to giving birth. There are moments when new life is stuck, resting, contemplating life, or maybe even being afraid to move forth, but there is only one way out!


Pushing through hardship is the only ultimate choice. We can take our time if we want, but the sooner we get on with things, the better! Kicking in and birthing is the right way to go.


Life is far from perfect! It is the imperfections, the humps and bumps along the way, that keep us engaged and purposeful.


How do YOU deal with the challenges? When people disappoint you how do you handle it?


In that area, I have a bit more work to do because I tend to just cut folk off for a while....


How do you handle when those you love, or those who are around you the most, give you the one-two-punch? What is your best advice to those who need a healthier, happier approach?


This post is a BlogHer contribution to The GETTING HAPPY portion of The Life Well Lived series. Use the hashtag #PGLWL on Twitter to continue the conversation!  Enter the Sweepstakes






















2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh that is such a good question. I deal with disappointment in very different ways. A lot of it depends on who has disappointed me. If it's a close family member, it's possible that I might go off on them ;) But more and more, it's about making sure that the communication is there. It's amazing to me how many people don't know they've disappointed me (or someone else) - how do they not read my mind? ;)

Unknown said...

Michelle, "communication" is such a great reminder!