May 1, 2012

When you are in waiting...

My 81 year old dad was in the hospital for 2 weeks.

He is now on the mend, so I am breathing again.

It was stress personified as I am sure many of you have experienced.

My dad is my best friend so not having him to lead the way crushed my spirit ...

It led me astray and left me to many dark nights of waiting ....

Waiting for him to get better. Waiting for the Lord to lift me. Waiting for a miracle. Waiting for I am not really sure what, but I was waiting....

Thank God for the spirit.

In times of the lowest, we are often reminded that nothing matters but love and spirit....

My dad is recovering. He is as feisty and adamant ... his soul is strong as ever ....

I knew he was going to be okay when he said, "Come here and change that channel".

Love always, love often, love purely, love because you can and do it in the right vein ...

Words are weak, really... sometimes when two spirits connect - nothing at all is said.

Love because you are given the chance to.


photo courtesy of Houseonahillorg

4 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

"Come here and change that channel."
JUST like a man. haha
Glad he's on the mend!

Unknown said...

ha ha RIGHT! THANKS Melisa!!

Your support was so invaluable! <3 <3 <3

Tom Brennan said...

I still remember meeting your dad at my old car dealership over 3 years ago. What a great guy! I'm glad that he's on the mend.

Unknown said...

Thanks Tom!!!

You are such a great friend :-)