May 8, 2012

Sometimes LIFE is like a gift...



We may be so excited to receive it, rip open the beautiful packaging, and then not really care for all that is inside!

I am not sure why, but today I was moved to share a tip - or a gifting lesson.

To stay "Healthier and Happier", today's take-it-or-leave-it tip is to never ask "WHY?"

One thing I know for sure is that with age comes maturity. Sometimes we have to go through really difficult times to learn lessons that we need to survive this wondrous thing we call life.

Often the lessons come without prompting ~ but sometimes they come as result of something, or other, we had NO business doing.

When we are teens, they occur to build character, but if you continue asking yourself "WHY?" into adult-hood there is a problem.

One of my favorite childhood poems was "Mother to Son" by Langston Hughes. I loved it LONG before I had sons and long before I knew its meaning, nonetheless, its rhythmic beat in my brain, having to memorize it to recite to my class, imprinted a value system that I have maintained.

"Life for me ain't been no crystal stair"...

Of course we are not all the same, but that is part of the don't ask "WHY?"

None of us are on the same journey.

Preaching to a choir is for naught if you are doing it to affect a change in someone. Everyone is on their own path.

We have to love people enough to let them fly. Let folk be who they are. Threatening to only be there for someone "if" is conditional love - and who needs that?

We have to care enough to pull coat-tails only when it is life-altering. Never assume someone else's blessings.

What is for YOU, is FOR YOU!

You will blazon your own trail, and it takes a woman, or a man, to let someone else set blaze to their own, tattered but it belongs to them, way!

This applies to parenting, loving and friendship.

Save judgement for your own mistakes and pray that every one you care about reaches the other side in tact.

Have enough courage and support if they don't, and always wish every one well.

*steps off soapbox*



No comments: