March 17, 2011

For The Tears ....

Prince Rogers Nelson penned a song for "LIVE Aid" back in 1985.

The song "4 The Tears In Your Eyes" is often where my brain goes when I view such emotional footage such as these two stricken dogs.

Love is a many splendid thing for sure. So is loyalty and endearment.

Friends are hard to find and when it rains it pours!

The clichés we use in life come from decades, if not centuries, of trying to cope with the cataclysmic occurrences humans endure while alive.

Japan, Haiti before it, New Orleans before that, and sporadic horrific images throughout, will haunt this generation for the rest of our days.

We do not become immune.

Life neither becomes easier or palatable. It simply, to quote a dear friend, "is what it is".

No way around it.

When I happened upon this video, I almost turned it off. The heart wrenching past few days since the earthquake and tsunami have paralyzed us emotionally, but I kept watching. If these poor beings could endure actually living through this moment, I could somehow honor them by validating, witnessing and sending out love via the stratosphere.

Watch and weep.

2 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I can't even imagine how many pets and animals have been affected by the disaster...

Unknown said...

Tracey, it must be simply horrific
:-(