November 18, 2007

NOLA SUNDAYS - "The soul of New Orleans is waterproof," ~ Mayor Ray Nagin!!!!!!!




New Orleans, when I look at you , I see me. You are the very blood in my veins. I am gumbo, jambalaya, red beans, a creole delight like chicory. Without you, there would be no me. So, on this "MERCI BEACOUP" Weekend, I "Thank You"from the bottom of that muscle that beats in my chest.

On Thursday November 15, 2007 Mayor Nagin called for all New Orleanians to partake in the third annual "Merci Beacoup Dinner" held on Canal Street between Camp and St. Charles Streets. The City of New Orleans did not use public funds and the evening also served as a fundraiser for a local food bank, Second Harvest Food Bank

1201 Sams Ave
New Orleans, LA 70123 http://www.no-hunger.org/
(504) 734-1322

The cuisine and entertainment were donated and served as a "thank you" to residents for their continued patience, resilience and faith while the city is recovering.

It appears a good time was had by all, but what else would you expect from The Big Easy??? Well, maybe just laissez les bons temps rouler (let the good times roll), because that pretty much says it all!!!!!!!


No comments: